About the Georgia Cup
*PLEASE NOTE THE GEORGIA CUP MAY SELL OUT BEFORE THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Since its inception in 2013 the Georgia Cup has quickly grown into the highest profile circuit for travel basketball in Georgia. The Cup consists of four regular-season tournaments and a Finals, which also serves as the State Championship for US Amateur Basketball. Most Georgia Cup stops have between 100 and 150 teams and are covered extensively by our HoopSeen team. Please make sure to register early as most Georgia Cup tournaments sell out before the stated registration deadline. Teams are guaranteed at least 3 games and the format is pool play into bracket play.
Teams can check in before your first game at any of the game venues on Friday or Saturday to receive coaches bands. All coaches and/or team directors must report to the Tournament Desk at Suwanee Sports Academy before 2 p.m. on Saturday with birth certificates, grade reports, completed team rosters for team verification.
Please bring your pre-printed score sheets with first and last names from US Amateur Basketball to your games. Each team will receive three coaches bands that are valid for the entire weekend. If a coach removes or loses the wristband, he/she will be subjected to purchasing admission.
Click HERE for Georgia Cup rules.
HoopSeen Tournaments are stay-to- play tournaments for all teams more than a 50 mile drive to Suwanee Sports Academy. Connections Housing is the official housing provider for HoopSeen and will provide all the information necessary for your team(s) to book accommodations. Note, if your team resides within 50 miles from the Suwanee Sports Academy, you are exempt from the Stay-to-Play policy. However, if you need hotel rooms for any night of your stay, you can still request a block of rooms.
Out-of- area teams that have registered to attend:
- Must reserve through the Connection Housing and
- Are required to stay in one of the official hotels in order to participate, No Exceptions.
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CONTACTING ANY HOTEL DIRECTLY
TEAM HOUSING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Once you have registered, you will receive a Welcome Email from Connections Housing with a hotel block request form and a list of participating hotels
2. You will choose your top 4 hotels (ranked 1-4) and return to Connections Housing for review
3. Your block will be assigned and you will receive a confirmation email with your block information including deadlines and cancellation information.
4. Forward this email to your parents/attendees so they can book their rooms (if applicable)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule requests put in writing after registering will be accommodated as best as we possibly can. However, ALL teams should be prepared to play in the first game slot at 6 o'clock Friday evening.
The schedule will be available the Wednesday night, during the week leading up to the tournament.